Realty Vision


Posted by Realty Vision on 9/28/2017

Your kitchen is the room that you most likely clean the most often. The room gets a lot of use and has constant traffic going through it, as people look for snacks, lunches, and dinner to be served. There are a few places in your kitchen that you may be neglecting to clean, no matter how much you clean it. Below, you’ll find the hidden trouble spots of your kitchen. 


Sponges


Your kitchen sponge is the tool you might use the most often to clean the space. The problem with sponges is that they hold onto the bacteria that they collect during each cleaning session. You should get into a routine of tossing your sponge every couple of weeks. To disinfect a sponge, you can also place it in the microwave for 30 seconds. This will kill any bacteria that might be growing on the sponge itself. Remember that even a sponge that seems clean can be full of germs and bacteria.


Refrigerator

   

The place that food is stored is also a place chock full of bacteria and germs. Between food spills, cold air, and water condensation, the fridge is the perfect environment for germs to brew. It may seem like a huge chore to wipe the fridge down, but on a weekly basis, all you need is a simple solution of hot water and vinegar to clean and disinfect the fridge area inside and out.


The Cutting Boards


No matter what kind of cutting board you use, it can harbor germs. There’s plenty of places for the bacteria to grow in the nooks and crannies of the boards. You don’t want to put your family at risk with food borne illnesses. You really need to disinfect the cutting board often in order for it to stay clean. Make a paste out of baking soda, salt, water, and lemon juice. Scrubbing the cutting board with this solution will allow it to be disinfected and smell fresh.   


Counters


A lot of things get placed on your kitchen countertops. Bacteria can build up over time on them. Before you prepare a meal, you should get in the habit of wiping the counter down. Let the counters air dry, and refrain from wiping them down with a cloth. This will keep you from smudging around any remaining bacteria that remains after praying the counter. Give the disinfectants time to work.       

 

Small Alliances And Utensils


Everything from your can opener to your coffee pot needs to be disinfected from time to time. These items get used frequently, and you may not think to clean them, but they can harbor a lot of germs. You can wipe them down with either a vinegar solution, or commercial disinfectant for an effective clean.




Tags: kitchen   cleaning tips  
Categories: Uncategorized  


Posted by Realty Vision on 10/20/2016

According to recent statistics, one in five people suffer from allergy and asthma symptoms. If you are one of these people, chances are that you've had an allergy attack in your home, with no clear definable cause as to what exactly set your symptoms in motion. Reducing the amount of allergens in your living space is not only beneficial from a cleanliness perspective, but in cleaning your home of potential allergens, you decrease the chances of having another spontaneous attack in your home. Floors - If you live in a home with hardwood floors, then consider yourself lucky. They attract much less dust than carpeting, and are much easier to clean and maintain. If you are in a carpeted home, then consider upgrading your vacuum to one that touts itself as being able to remove microscopic particles and allergens from the carpet. An upgrade in vacuums will usually work wonders for a house with allergy sufferers. Plush toys - Whether they belong to your pet or your child, plush toys are often overlooked as potential carriers of allergens. Make sure you wash them thoroughly on a regular basis. The same is true for pet bedding. Create an (almost) allergy-free room - Designate a room in your home to be the go-to place if you need a break from allergy symptoms. Use your bedroom if possible. Purchase allergen covers and casings for your bedding, keep pets from entering the room, and clean the room more often than you do the rest of the house. Curtains - Drapes, while being an attractive addition to the home, can collect dust, pollen, and mold spores. If you plan to add drapes to your windows, or refuse to give up the drapes you have, be prepared to give them the attention they'll need to keep them dust and allergen-free. Air - If you live in a home with central air, be sure to replace your air filters regularly. Keep your windows closed on days that seem to be giving you trouble, and keep your air setting on recirculate. This will ensure that the air in your home is constantly being scrubbed of potential allergy triggers.





Posted by Realty Vision on 3/17/2016

Using hydrogen peroxide as a household cleaner is easy and effective. The most common hydrogen peroxide is the 3% solution found at your local pharmacy. You will need two opaque spray bottles, as light exposure dulls its effectiveness. Hence this product comes in a brown bottle. One bottle should be filled with hydrogen peroxide, one with vinegar. Keeping these items separate is essential to your cleaning strategy. Spray your counter top or cutting board with the peroxide first, then spray the vinegar, this will create a chemical reaction that will clean before your eyes. Mixing them together in a spray bottle warrants the solution useless once the reaction has taken place and the reaction is the sanitizer. This 2 part cleaner is great for toilets, floors, sinks, tiles and toys, just to name a few. You can also use just the hydrogen peroxide spray, this alone is a reliable cleaner. Instead of mixing with vinegar, use the spray bottle in your bathroom as a cleaner for the sink, toilets and faucets. If you were not aware, hydrogen peroxide is non-toxic and can be used in your refrigerator or dishwasher and anywhere else you may store food. You can clean lunch boxes, water bottles and coolers and not have to worry about the effect this “cleaner” will have on the food you put in these clean places. Spray and wait 10 minutes, then wipe clean and watch it sparkle. A non-toxic cleaner is so much better than most products on the shelf these days. As a non-toxic, this can be used as personal hygiene product as well. Use 3% hydrogen peroxide as a mouth wash and teeth whitener. You will see whitening results in no time and notice that there is a bit more money in your wallet, hydrogen peroxide costs less than a first full of ones.







Tags